Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Forgetting Room

I found this book at a flea market for $1.00. I loved the Griffin and Sabine books by the same author, Nick Bantock, so I bought it. I loved it. It's about a man who ends up going on a personal and artistic journey in Spain when his grandfather, who was an artist, dies and leaves him his house. His grandfather leaves a series of visual riddles for his grandson to solve and, as he gathers the clues, his own inner artist, his true voice, begins to reveal and express itself. I particularly like the story because his grandfather uses miscellaneous bits and pieces of paper and found items in his paintings, ie. collage. I read this book once when I first bought it, about 4 years ago but it seemed particularly timely reading it again this year during my own artistic journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment