Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jane Davies Sketchbook Practice Class

Well I've been diving into My Year of Living Artistically with an online class with Jane Davies— Sketchbook Practice. It has awakened all KINDS of demons that I've been wrestling with. Particularly loud and relentless is my inner critic. Very difficult for me to "have fun" and "just play" but I am working on it and enjoying the activities more and more as I slog through. It's a great experience but not sure I would label it "fun" quite yet. Old habits (and voices) die hard.

I decided to post my "work" here so I have a reference. I did not post the first lesson on the class blog but I did post the second. Posting only a small selection from the first lesson "Drawing Lines".

Line Exploration, Various Materials

India Ink Scribble

Prisma Color Pencil and Charcoal Pencil Scribble

Graphite Scribble

Pencil and Pilot Pen Scribble

Emotimarks–Anxiety

Emotimarks–Fear

Emotimarks–Joy

Emotimarks–Solitude

Blind Scribble w/Color Added 1

Blind Scribble w/Color Added 2

Blind Scribble w/Color Added 3

Below are two blind contour drawings followed by three seeing contour drawings of the same object.






So this was Lesson 1. I will post each lesson as a separate entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment